From:
Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 16:52:18 -0500
Subject: Map Case and Alaska Maps
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:06:18 -0900
From: Deborah Thompson <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
I'm from a small rural library in Alaska. We have a five drawer flat file
map case that is overfilling with USGS topographical maps of Alaska. About
1/3 of them are '50s printings, the rest are' 60s and '70s revisions. I
don't want to just throw them away, however, we don't have the storage
space to store all of our maps and we can't afford another map case.

Does anyone have either a storage suggestion or a map case they need taken
off their hands?

Also, I'm willing to give away the topo maps of Alaska that cover the
Northwest, Northeast, Interior, and Southeast. So, if anyone wants them by
any chance, let me know. Thanks.

Deborah Thompson
Librarian
Kuskokwim Consortium Library, KuC
P.O. Box 368, Bethel, AK 99559
Phone: (907) 543-4571
Fax: (907) 543-4503

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's
too dark to read." — Groucho MARX