From:
Jennie Dienes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 16:23:31 EDT
Hello.  I am looking for a very good, clean copy of the following maps so
that the patron who ruined our copies can make a computer generated
replacement.  I have learned that the Arizona geology map is no longer in
print or in stock.  I was unable to confirm current availability of the
Missouri Basin Studies map.  Both maps were put out by the United States
Gedological Survey, so I am operating that no copyright restrictions apply.
 If I am wrong in my assumptions about copyright, please notify me.

1)  USGS.  Geologic Map of Arizona  by Eldred D. Wilson and Richard T.
Moore,  Arizona Bureau of Mines, and John R. Cooper, USGS.  1:500,000.
1969.  [The University of Arizona, Arizona Bureau of Mines.  In right hand
corner: 1969 reprinted 1977-G76264.]

2) USGS.  Map showing construbtion materials and nonmetallic mineral
resources of Colorado.  Compiled by D.M. Larrabee, S. E. Clabaugh, W. R.
Griffiths, et al.  Missouri Basin Studies, No. 10.  Scale 1:500,000.  1947.
 [Prepared with the cooperation of the Colorado State Geological Survey
Board and the Colorado Metal Mining Fund.]

This patron will be at KU only during the month of August.

If you can help me, I would appreciate knowing about:

1) If you are willing to lend it for about 2 weeks,
2)  I DO NOT NEED THE MAPS THIS MINUTE, I need to receive them between
August 7 and August 20, during which time he will be back at KU for the
month of August.  I will not be available for parts of July and the first
week of August.

Thank you very much.

Jennie Dienes           [log in to unmask]
T.R. Smith Map Collection
103 Anschutz Library
University of Kansas
Lawrence, KS 66045