From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2011 07:57:58 -0500
Subject: RE: community-driven "Spatial Humanities" resource
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 11:26:19 -0700
From: Mary Whelan <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship <[log in to unmask]>

Do other University Libraries create catalog records for GIS data
(shapefiles, geodatabases, etc.)?

If so, could you tell me a bit about why you decided to add these to the
catalog, what you catalog (collection record or finding aid?) and how
you provide access to the actual resource from the catalog?

Please forgive my ignorance; I'm not a Librarian and this has recently
come up at ASU.

Thanks,
Mary

Mary Whelan, Ph.D.
Geospatial Data Manager
Informatics and Cyberinfrastructure Services
401DA  Hayden Library
Arizona State University
P.O. Box 871006
Tempe, AZ  85287-1006