From:
Linda Zellmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 May 1995 14:41:56 EDT
DO NOT READ UNLESS SITTING...

In case you did not see it, the May, 1995 AAPG explorer is advertising
a 20 sheet Tectonic map of the World at a scale of 1:10,000,000.
They are printing 300 sets.  Cost is $1000 (including shipping and
handling). The next question is, if your library can afford it do you
circulate this kind of map?

I have some problems with a map set at this price.  Yes, it might be
useful for the patrons I serve.  The proceeds from the sale of this
map are going to the AAPG Foundation.  Would I be paying for a map
that patrons absolutely must have or to support the Foundation?

Linda Zellmer