From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Apr 2011 07:58:48 -0500
Subject:        CartoMundi Website
Date:   Wed, 20 Apr 2011 09:16:45 +0200
From:   Jean-Luc ARNAUD <[log in to unmask]>
To:     <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Colleagues,

http://cartomundi.eu <http://cartomundi.eu/> - the website /CartoMundi,/
dedicated to the promotion of the Cartographic Heritage, has been
available in English, French and Spanish for a few days. This first part
is dedicated to the International Directory of map libraries.
Institutions holding, editing or selling cartographic documents have a
free access to this part.

This directory could take over from the IFLA directory published more
than ten years ago. It is not only a directory because it also allows to
easily describe the covered zone of the world by each collection in few
minutes. For internet users, a graphic interface allows to request this
information. According to the geographical zone from which we search
maps, a list of map libraries will be generated.

*Thus all the map libraries will find an interest in participating to
this directory. *

**

The financial supports for the coming years depend on the success of
this directory. For this reason I invite you to register your
institution without further delay. All institutions whatever their size
or their localization are welcome.

The portal for cartographic documents research will be available in a
few weeks. The website also contains a lot of information about
/CartoMundi/ and its future.

Thanks for collaboration.

Jean-Luc Arnaud.

Head of /CartoMundi/