From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Francis Herbert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 16:39:48 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 09:54:56 +0100
From: Francis Herbert <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: measuring the accuracy of early maps <fwd>
Sender: Francis Herbert <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Nancy (and patron of NYPL),

Other than searching the third -  "(c) Subjects" - of the three indexes to
my annual 'Imago Mundi Bibliography' I can offer two items in the issue at
press (vol. 51 for 1999):-

Graphische Darstellungen der Untersuchungsergebnisse alter Karten und die
Entwicklung der Verzerrungsgitter = Graphic representations of the analysis
results of old maps and the development of distortion grids / Gustav
Forstner & Markus Oehrli. - IN: Cartographica Helvetica: Fachzeitschrift
fuer Kartengeschichte (Murten),  Januar 1998,  17,  35-43: ill.(some col.),
fig. - 11 notes & refs. - Summ. in D, E, & F. - Includes 'Anhang: graphische
Fehlerdarstellungen alter Karten' (bibliogr. arranged alphabetically by
method [including vector]): p.40-43. - ISSN 1015-8480

Expanding upon this overview of different analysis methods there is a
'follow-up' article concentrating on two particular methods:-

Zwei Konstruktionsmethoden von Verzerrungsgittern zur Untersuchung alter
Karten = Two methods for constructing distortion grids for the analysis of
old maps / Gustav Forstner. - IN: Cartographica Helvetica [...],  Juli 1998,
18,  33-40: ill.,map,fig. - 17 notes & refs. - Summ. in D, E, & F [...]

Sincerely

Francis Herbert (Compiler of 'Imago Mundi Bibliography'; Curator of Maps,
RGS-IBG)

--- End Forwarded Message ---