Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2007 08:11:42 -0500
Subject:        Submission Extension:  $B!H (BAmerica On The Map. $B!I (B A publication of
the CartoPhilatelic Society
Date:   Thu, 26 Apr 2007 07:38:25 +0900
From:   Reese W. Plews <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Extension of Submission Deadline:  $B!H (BAmerica On The Map. $B!I (B A special
publication of the CartoPhilatelic Society.

The CartoPhilatelic Society [ http://www.mapsonstamps.com ]  $B!H (BCollectors
of Maps on Stamps $B!I (B (APS# AF0158, ATA, Yarmouth ME, USA) has announced an
extension of the deadline for submissions to the Society's Special
Publication #1, $B!H (BAmerica On The Map. $B!I (B

The new submission deadline is May 31st, 2007.

In conjunction with the 500th anniversary of the Waldseemuller Map, and
the issue of a commemorative stamp by Deutsche Post in April 2007, the
CartoPhilatelic Society earlier this year announced a call for papers
related to the depiction of the Americas on postage stamps.  $B!H (BOver the
years a number of map stamps, both territorial and exploration related,
have been issued by postal agencies throughout the world. The
quintessential historical map stamp issue for 2007 is sure to be Deutche
Post $B!G (Bs 500 Jahre Amerika-Karte von Martin Waldseemuller, said
CartoPhilatelic Society President, David Wolfersberger.

Guest Editor of this special publication is professional cartographer,
avid map stamp collector and Society past president, Mr. Miklos Pinther.
Submissions are open to both Society members and non-members.
Appropriate themes should be philatelic in nature and should, in some
way, highlight the depiction of all or parts of the Western Hemisphere
on postage stamps. Articles dealing with postal history and having a
similar cartographic theme are also acceptable. In addition to written
articles, text and images of philatelic exhibits with similar themes are
also encouraged.

Articles with topics not directly related to the Special Publication
will be eligible for placement in the Society $B!G (Bs quarterly Journal, The
New CartoPhilatelist. Please contact the Guest Editor prior to
submission at [log in to unmask] or visit the Society web site
for more details.
--
About the CartoPhilatelic Society:
For over 50 years the CartoPhilatelic Society has been dedicated to the