From:
Suzanne Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 12:05:11 EST
Some of our staff, especially students, have recently expressed the
physical difficulty they have in re-filing maps into the map cabinet drawers.
It is particularly hard to insert new maps into the drawers which
hold the large NOAA maps; many of these drawers are very full and the
maps that have to be lifted/rolled forward in order to insert the map
in the right spot are very heavy. I do not want to fold these maps, but am
looking for a solution to the ergonomic problem.  How do you folks
handle this? I would appreciate any tips anyone can give me.
 Please reply to me personally, and I will summarize
into one message to the list.  Thanks.

Suzanne N. Taylor
Documents Librarian
The Libraries