From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 10:42:41 -0500
Subject:        Re: MAPS-L: Map description
Date:   Mon, 25 Sep 2006 10:34:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:   Ken Grabach <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Hello, Phyllis.

I can recommend a book that is often used in map introductory courses.  I
find it worthwhile to keep a copy in the reference collection.  Map Use:
Reading, Analysis, and Interpretation, by A. Jon Kimerling, Phillip C.
Muehrcke, and Juliana O. Muehrcke.  It is published in Madison, Wisconsin,
by JP Publications.  This is a revised ed., 2005.

The question you pose is among the types of questions often asked, which
are simple but lack a concise answer.  The book by Kimerling and the
Muehrckes is an excellent vade mecum for these questions.

Ken
Ken Grabach                           <[log in to unmask]>
Maps Librarian                         Phone: 513-529-1726
Miami University Libraries
Oxford, Ohio  45056  USA