From:
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2013 10:41:44 -0500
Subject:        Blaeu Map
Date:   Mon, 8 Apr 2013 15:35:56 +0000
From:   Armstrong,Helenjane <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Shadow

One of my specialties before I retired was rare maps in our Map and
Imagery Library of over 500,000 maps.  I was going to refer you to the
Gunter Schilder_, Monumenta Cartographica Neerlandica_, but I see the
expert in the field, Joost Depuydt has already responded to you. This
multi-volume set is the ultimate resource for antique maps of this
period.  If the University of South Carolina does not have it, there
should be a copy in the Rare Books Room at UNChapel Hill Library and
probably Davidson College which has an outstanding antique map
collection of the SEUS. The University of Florida has the complete set
and you would be welcome to use it, but they never loan them.
Enjoy you Blaeu map

Helen

/HelenJane Armstrong PhD/
Map Librarian/Professor Emeritus Geography
University of Florida
Gainesville, Florida