From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2008 08:03:59 -0500
Subject:        Maps and government disclaimers to boundaries
Date:   Fri, 13 Jun 2008 11:09:12 +0000
From:   Brendan Whyte <[log in to unmask]>
To:     <[log in to unmask]>

Forwarded from CartoSoc, I suspect members of this list can help Mr(?)
Pranyay Lal best.
Please send replies to him directly.

 > From: [log in to unmask]

 > I am an artist based in India and I am work on my next project of
 > paintings on maps and territorial disputes and was hoping for some
 > help from you. I am studying the various disclaimers on maps used by
 > different country governments especially on how international
 > community (and media) depict the boundaries of a country. As a
 > result, many countries use rubber stamp or seals with disclaimers
 > across maps in magazines saying: the boundaries shown here are
 > neither authentic or accurate (words used in India).
 >
 > I would be very grateful if you could provide me with any advice on
 > any resources that exist which can giv! e me list of such disclaimers.
 >
 > Any help will be much appreciated.
 >
 > Thank you.
 >
 > Yours truly
 > Pranay

Dr Brendan Whyte
Ubon Ratchathani University
THAILAND

Connect to the next generation of MSN Messenger  Get it now!
<http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/default.aspx?locale=en-us&source=wlmailtagline>