Date:
Wed, 10 May 1995 11:52:28 EDT
This group will be meeting on 24 June, Saturday, 11;30am-12:30pm.
Topics will be:
a. The Universes of Analog and Digital Map Production:
Collection Management Times Two
   - what are the best mechanisms for dealing with both
     analog and digital data production, with no extra staff
     and no more money?  Bring your favorites; JK Herro, who
     suggested this topic, I hope will be able to make
     it to Chicago and start matters off by presenting his list.
b. Standards for spatial data: I'll have the SLA Geography
and Map Division standards, plus some suggestions from
Hart Phinney and Helen Armstrong (the ad-hoc mini-committee
that has been considering the possibilities here) as to
how ALA MAGERT might build on these, given the changes
in the digital arena since these were originally written.
c. Other topics of interest, as time permits; e.g.,
I'll give report on status of the Alexandria Digital Library
(http://alexandria.sdc.ucsb.edu)

Mary Larsgaard
Chair, RLCMG, ALA MAGERT
(what a pity I didn't have an acronym I could have used to = chair)
UCSB Map and Imagery Lab