From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Grabach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 11:40:14 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 14:34:55 -0400 (EDT)
From: Ken Grabach <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Geographic cutters
Sender: Ken Grabach <[log in to unmask]>

I have been reading many of the fine articles in the Cataloging &
Classification special issues edited by Paige Andrews and Mary
Larsgaard.  More than one of the articles refers to a microfiche set from
Library of Congress, called Geographic Cutters, dated 1987.

Here's my question:  Is this title available for purchase?  If so, how
much is it, and to whom do I direct my order for it.

If it is not in print, here's my next question:
Why not?  If not, what can we who don't have it do about getting it?

Can it be put in Cataloger's Desktop?

It is not listed in the current catalog (1999-2000) from Library of
Congress Cataloging Distribution Service, nor is it really listed on their
website.  There is a false lead: under Classification, linked from the
first page, and also under Maps in the lists by subject, one finds this
title.  But if you follow the link, it takes you to the end of the
description of the Subject Cataloging Manual.

Ken Grabach         <[log in to unmask]>
Documents and Maps Librarian
Miami University Libraries
Oxford, Ohio  45056  USA
--- End Forwarded Message ---