From:
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 16:29:41 -0500
Subject: Turkey airphotos
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 13:03:43 +0100
From: Umberto Fracassi <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Hi listland (and apologies for x-postings..!),

we have 1:25.000 airphoto coverage depicting an area in central Turkey
(eg. Adapazari). We were provided only with 600dpi scans, which fairly
satisfy our needs.

However, while attepting to orthorectify them to obtain a viable
orthomosaic, we realized that we miss any info about camera, fiducials
etc. We are trying to contact the authority who provided us with these
data but, as time elapses, we would be grateful if anybody out there
could point us toward the appropriate Camera Calibration Records or
whether anybody knows the specs. of a camera which 'sounds' like the one
we found.

Here come the details we were able to grab from the photo headers:

- 4 fiducials (corner) / oblique cross
- on the flight direction border instruments were trimmed but I seem to
recognize altimeter, compass, clock. There's one more but it's blank.
- on the rear border, from left to right,
1243 (progressive frame number..)
1972 (year of flight, presumably)
152.79 (focal length..)
2641 (lens code..?)
Adapazari (location)
REVIZYON (who knows.. perhaps the camera type..?)
25000 (scale..)

That's all we've got.. Any clue would be most appreciated..

Thanks a lot in advance and best regards.
Cordially,

Umberto
--

Umberto Fracassi

Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia
Via di Vigna Murata, 605
00143 Roma
Italy
Tel:    +39-06-51860485
Fax:    +39-06-5041181
Email:  [log in to unmask]
WWW:    http://www.ingv.it
*********************
"This is what you should do: Love the earth and the sun and the animals,
despise riches, give alms to everyone that asks, stand up for the stupid
and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue
not concerning god, have patience and indulgence toward people, take off
your hat to nothing known or unknown, or to anyone or number of people
....reexamine all you have been told at school or church, or in any
book, dismiss what insults your soul, and your very flesh shall be a
great poem."

Walt Whitman