From:
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2013 15:51:19 -0500
Subject: Re: Standards for measuring map collection storage capacity?
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 12:34:30 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
From: Jon Jablonski <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]

And the weights on that table are wrong!  we weighed our (incredibly
overstuffed) drawers recently.  I am working on an updated table for a
WAML IB article, but in a nutshell:  Ms. Bahn's map cases must have been
made out of surplus WWII tank armor.  My cases weigh about half what
hers did--and they are not particularly modern.

-Jon Jablonski
  Chief De-accessioner d'Maps
  UC Surf Board

----- "Angie Cope, American Geographical Society Library, UW Milwaukee"