From:
Paige Andrew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 1994 11:43:52 EDT
Well fellow Geography and Map Division folks, it is only a couple of days away
from the big event, and I still am getting details together! The overall
conference is together and looks good from my standpoint, but, as I am the
constantly worrying type, I am fretting over a couple of items. Here goes:

a. To date I have 5 volunteer drivers besides myself (making 6 total) who can
   carry up to 20 individuals to the ERDAS, Inc. site. AND, I have 15 people
   signed up to go on the tour. This is all fine and dandy as long as I don't
   have 15 more people wanting to go at the last minute. So, this is a last
   call for RSVPs to go on the tour, I can accept up to 5 more folks to make
   this work right. Please call or email me today, tomorrow, or at the
   very latest by Noon on Friday, June 10th.

b. I need to have a final tally of people wanting to go to dinner at Dailey's
   restaurant by noon on Friday, as I have to give them an exact number of
   people coming at least 72 hours in advance. The dinner is scheduled for
   6 p.m., Monday, June 13th, after we get back from the ERDAS tour. I have 14
   RSVPs so far and have a reservation for 20, leaving at least 6 slots open.
   Again, get in touch with me ASAP if you intend to go and have not done so.

******************** QUICK NOTES TO PAY ATTENTION TO ************************

1. THE WEATHER: it has been hot and very humid here lately for those of you
   coming from cooler climates. I am concerned about Thursday and the Macon
   tour in particular, we will be outside a good bit. So, please dress lightly
   and comfortably, wear walking shoes or tennis shoes, and don't worry about
   looking Conference-snazzy for your own sake! I will be wearing shorts and
   a shirt or t-shirt as I know how uncomfortable it can get when out in our
   wonderful Georgia summer weather (I know its not summer yet but it seems to
   have started early this year). Secondly, expect afternoon thunderstorms or
   rain showers every day, the pattern has been in place for a week now and
   Athens finally got a good downpour overnight and early this morning. Please
   pray we don't have any tornadoes while on our outing to Macon!!

2. Lunch at Mick's at Underground Atlanta: in the interest of keeping life very
   simple for all of us I made a special request to have separate checks done,
   however, this was at a cost...  I personally felt it was worthwhile to pay
   a %20 gratuity instead of %15 to cover this nicety. If anyone would like to
   grumble at me about this please feel free to do so...

3. BREAKFAST MEETING TICKETS: these are still available. If anyone did not
   purchase a ticket as part of their reservations, or are going to register
   on site, these can be purchased at the time of registration. Just let the
   helpful folk know that you need a ticket for event #501 (its $18).

4. MACON TOUR: Officially it is sold out. Keep an eye on the bulletin boards
   for the possibility of someone changing their mind and needing to sell their
   ticket. OR, I might be able to get one or two more from the Conference
   Manager, but you need to let me know before Thursday, June 16th.

5. COMMITTEE CHAIRS REMINDER: if you need to meet with your committee members
   to finalize any documents, formulate a motion to go before the Board at the
   G&M Division Board meeting, or take care of any other decisions, I have
   set aside a time period of 10:30 to Noon on Sunday, June 12th. It is the
   Chair's responsibility to contact his/her committee members before coming to
   the Conference to arrange a place to meet!

Thats it for now folks. I look forward to seeing all of you in a very few days.
I will post any last-minute messages if something comes up in the next 48 hours
otherwise I will be giving out reminders and such during my scheduled period
at Monday mornings Business Meeting.  Travel safely!!

Paige

Mr. Paige G. Andrew
Map Cataloger
Cataloging Dept./Main Library