From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 2009 10:13:03 -0500
Subject:        Cataloging question
Date:   Tue, 29 Sep 2009 10:01:46 -0500
From:   Harry Davis <[log in to unmask]>
To:     <[log in to unmask]>

Our Special Formats Cataloger has asked that the following message be
posted to MAPS-L. Please reply online to MAPS-L or directly to Beth at
the address below. Thanks!

Good morning! I ran across what, to me, was an unusual situation this
morning. Map in hand is, “An Earth Scientist’s Periodic Table of the
Elements and Their Ions,” in the Geological Society of America’s Map and
Chart Series. On the item is a DOI (digital object identifier). I have
never seen a DOI on a map before, only on journal articles. I am curious
as to how catalogers enter this in the bib record, if at all. The 024
field can be coded such that one could include it with 1^st indicator of
7 and subfield 2 of “doi.”

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Beth Cox

Elizabeth J. Cox

Special Formats Cataloger

Morris Library - Mail Code 6632