From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Laurini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 14:49:42 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
>Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 14:41:53 +0100 (MET)
>From: Robert Laurini <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: TeleGeo'99

CALL FOR PAPERS

TeleGeo'99 : FIRST INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON TELEGEOPROCESSING

Lyon, France - May 6-7, 1999

Scope of the conference: This conference aims at bringing together all
people carrying out research in novel systems in telegeoprocessing,
cross-fertilization between Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and
Telecommunications. Telegeoprocessing can be defined as a new discipline
based on real time spatial databases updated regularly by means of t
elecommunications systems in order to support online decision-making.
Overall attention will be given to systems based on Global Positioning
Systems (GPS) and all other technologies for sending data from sensors
to GIS systems by means of wireless communications. Among others, we are
especially looking for papers dealing with:

- Real time GIS, especially based on GPS
- Real time spatial data structures
- Real time GIS indexing
- Embarked GIS
- Online Spatial Decision Support System
- CASE tools for telegeoprocessing
- Visual languages and user interfaces
- Active hypermaps
- Sensors and radio-communications
- Multi-source fusion especially for updating
- Parallel and distributed GIS
- Interoperability in telegeoprocessing
- Geographic data interchange standards
- GIS and internet working
- Visualization and huge synoptics design
- Animated cartography
- Real time graphics semiology
- Groupware and GIS (CSCW)
- Client-server architecture for GIS
- GIS and Java
- Distributed spatial objects
- Spatial knowledge engineering
- Systems for spatial reasoning
- Byzantine situations

Among novel applications, overall attention will be paid to domains such as:

- Urban planning
- Environmental planning
- Risk prevention
- Traffic management
- Geological information systems
- Fleet management

This conference will be organized under the aegis of

- University of Southwestern Louisiana, USA
- National Institute for Applied Sciences (INSA), Lyon, France
- Claude Bernard University of Lyon, France
- University of Versailles-Saint Quentin, France
- Hassan II University of Mohammedia, Morocco
- GeoInformatica, International Journal on Advances of Computer Science for GIS

Program Committee Chair:  Robert Laurini, Claude Bernard University of Lyon, France

Program Committee Members

Patrick Bergougnoux, Paul Sabatier University, Toulouse, France
Azedine Boulmakoul, Hassan II University, Mohammedia, Morocco
Patrice Boursier, University of La Rochelle, France
Bruno Defude, INT, France
Claude Guidat, INSA, Lyon, France
Werner Kuhn, University of M|nster, Germany
Corinne Ledoux, CTS/ToS, Sweden
Ki-Joune Li, Pusan National University, South Korea
Kia Makki, University of Southern Louisiana, USA
Claudia Bauzer Medeiros, University of Campinas, Brazil
Richard Muntz, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Niki Pissinou, University of Southern Louisiana, USA
Sylvie Servigne, INSA, Lyon, France
Tullio Tanzi, Ecole des  Mines de Paris, Sophia-Antipolis, France
Ouri Wolfson, University of Illinois, USA
Michael Worboys, Keele University, UK
Karine Zeitouni, UVSQ, France

Submission: Please, send full papers, limited to 12 pages, together with
authors' names and addresses to the Program Committee Chairman by
February 1, 1999 only by electronic submission to Professor
Robert LAURINI, E-mail: [log in to unmask] Best papers will be
considered for publication in the international journal GeoInformatica.

Paper submission deadline:      February 1, 1999
Notification of acceptance:     March 1, 1999
Camera ready paper due:         April 1, 1999
TeleGeo'99 date:                May 6-7, 1999
--- End Forwarded Message ---