From:
Brian Marshall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 16:41:30 EST
I am compiling a list of maps of New Zealand published in nineteenth
century periodicals, and need help with the following:

In volume 7 (new series), 1844, of The Chritian Remembrancer, there
is a map titled Diocese of New Zealand.  London, Printed for the
Society for the Propagation of the Gospel, February 1843.  The map
precedes page 393.   I have seen this map only on microfilm, so need
the following details please:  scale, measurements within the neat
lines, and whether the map is coloured or black and white.   Any
other details that appear on the map (engraver, etc.) would also be
useful.   Can anyone help, please.

Brian Marshall

Brian Marshall
Geography Librarian                        "It is not good for the
University of Auckland                     soul to travel faster than
Private Bag 92019                          the trot of a camel".
Auckland  New Zealand

Telephone 64 9 3737599 extn 8452