From:
Lisa Recupero <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 1995 20:50:04 EST
Hello Again MAPS-L!

Okay, I am tired of looking at these poor orphans sitting on my desk. I
have a set of 16 maps (MAP No. I-XVI) that cover the D-DAY invasion.  A
student found them stuffed into the back of a completely unrelated
reference source.  I am thinking they may have come out of a government
document, but have been unable to find which one!  The titles on the
sheets are:

I. Invasion Area
II. Omaha Beach Terrain
III. Terrain Inland from Omaha Beach
IV. D-Day objectives V. Corps
V. First Wave Landings (Infantry)
VI. Later Assault Landings (Infantry)
VII. Viervilee-St-Laurent Area (To Noon 6 June)
VIII. St-Laurent-Colleville Area (To Noon 6 June)
IX. Evening of D-Day
X. The D-Day Beachheads
XI. 1st Division (7-8 June)
XII. 29th Division (7-8 June)
XIII. Enemy Reinforcements (6-8 June)
XIV. V Corps Attack (9-11 June)
XV. V Corps Attack (12-13 June)
XVI. Development of Beachheads

The maps are all about the same dimensions 9.25 h x 16.5 l.  Land is
white, ocean washed-out blue, with red, black and dark blue embellishments.
Has anyone seen these maps?  I am feeling a little dense...okay, really
dense.  Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly
appreciated.

By the way, thanks to all those who responded to my query about Minsk
Mazowiecki, Poland.  The patron is happily back to digging away at the
family tree!

Dazed and confused in Rolla....

Lisa A. Recupero                        [log in to unmask]
Reference Librarian                     http://www.umr.edu/~recupero
Curtis Laws Wilson Library              phone:(314) 341-4007
University of Missouri-Rolla            fax: (314) 341-4233
Rolla, MO 65401
                /\-----/\            "There are two means of refuge
          _____|  *   *  |______       from the miseries of life:
          _____|    ^    |______             music and cats."