From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 5 Jun 2009 12:32:04 -0500
Subject:        Re: 1930ish US Coast & Geodetic Survey charts
Date:   Fri, 5 Jun 2009 10:29:00 -0700
From:   Jon McConnel <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Folks,
The best place to look for the answer to this is the work _Shore and
Sea Boundaries_ by Aaron L. Shalowitz and Michael W. Reed
http://www.nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/hsd/shalowitz.html

You'll need to see Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 1, p. 92-95.
http://www.nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/hsd/docs/CSE_library_shalowitz_v2p2ch1.pdf

When there's a string of dates in the lower left margin of a chart (in
this time period we're discussing), they each indicate a New Print
Date for the current edition. Some small corrections were incorporated
from the last print, but not enough to warrant calling it a new
Edition.

Jon McConnel

--
-Jon McConnel