From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 15:15:30 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 13:49:28 -0400
From: Tom Elliott <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Lugmad  - location TAN

This is exactly the case with the diocese associated with "Zucchabar" (pop
culture reference: see "Gladiator," though not for a factual account), which
was the ancient Punic and Roman name for a settlement at modern Miliana in
Algeria. We know of at least one bishop acutally from Zucchabar during late
antiquity. The modern, titular bishop of Zucchabar resides in Brazil:

http://www.plug.com.br/diocese/bispos.htm

Tom

Thomas R. Elliott (Tom), M.A. -- [log in to unmask]
Department of History, CB#3195
Chapel Hill, NC  27599-3195
(919) 962-7631
Barrington Atlas of the Greek and Roman World
  http://www.unc.edu/depts/cl_atlas