From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 2009 13:38:23 -0600
Subject:        Re: OSS maps
Date:   Mon, 09 Nov 2009 13:29:51 -0600
From:   Chieko Maene <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Hi Mark and Scott,

Are OSS maps the same as Nazi Germany maps (and related booklets), or
any maps confiscated by OSS from Axis nations after WWII?? I think Scott
did a presentation on the Nazi Germany map collection at NAICS, so I am
guessing those (Nazi maps) are the ones you are talking about. Or not?

Could you tell me what defines OSS maps..?

I was interested in digitizing Nazi Germany maps and related items we
have here at the Northwestern University Library, but I gave up after
reading a discussion on copyright issues in MAPS-L archive.. (I think it
was started by Penn State or British library, which also own similar
Nazi map collections.)

Sincerely,
Chieko
--