From:
Alice Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 1995 17:38:25 EDT

     Montreal was terrific!

     Many thanks to Map Link, GIS World and Omni Resources for making this
     meeting as successful as it was. Your support was crucial, welcome and
     much appreciated.

     Thanks to Carol Marley for her local support, and for finding David
     Hanna for us, who led a wunderbar field trip through architectural
     wonders of Montreal. And yes, we even had a bus to get us around!

     Many thanks also to all our speakers. I regret that short staffing at
     NYPL's Map Division meant I had to leave the conference early, and
     missed some of your presentations.

     Annual conferences are invaluable professionally and personally
     because of the face to face contact we have at these events, with each
     other, with vendors, exhibitors, with fellow map librarians in their
     home sites, with new members, and old friends. It was a grand time for
     all, and I thank all of you guys who were there for your support. It
     meant a lot to me.

     Next year in Boston!

     A full report on the Montreal conference will appear in a forthcoming
     issue of the Bulletin of the Geography & Map Division, S.L.A.

     Alice Hudson
     Program planner, [retired], Montreal
     Special Libraries Association
     Geography & Map Division