Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 1993 17:25:07 EDT
From : [log in to unmask]

Has anybody out there used DCW (Digital Chart of the World) or know anything
about the file formats the maps and vectors are stored in.It is produced
by the U.S. Defence Mapping Agency - it comes in 4 Cd's with VPFview software.
The fiormat is VPF - but what is VPF format ? The reason for my interest
is that the digital data for DCW is royalty free and it would therefore
be very useful for reproduction in G.I.S. applications.
If anybody has info on VPF I would be very grateful
By the way DCW costs only 200 pounds sterling and is available from :

Chadwyk-Healey Ltd.
Cambridge Place,
Hills Road
Cambridge CB2 1NR