From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 2009 13:19:51 -0600
Subject:        Call for authors on gov info topics
Date:   Tue, 3 Nov 2009 13:07:13 -0500
From:   Peggy Garvin <[log in to unmask]>

Hello all,

I am putting together a roster of authors for a forthcoming book on
government information management. Librarians are the target audience, but I
suspect this is going to be of interest to others in related fields.
Chapters will cover best practices, state-of-the-art, overviews, trends, or
anticipated futures. Chapters will not be theoretical or heavily technical.
They do not need to represent original research but should be original
writing. The book will be marketed internationally. Deadline for submission
is May 2010.

Topics, which have already been determined, include: managing the physical
(tangible) collection; managing the digital collection; the role of
libraries in supporting e-government citizen services; grey literature and
fugitive documents (print and online); government information,
accessibility, and the digital divide; authentication of digital government
documents; and more.

If you are interesting in writing a chapter for publication or learning
more, please contact me at peggy at garvinconsulting dot com. Please send or
link to a brief bio and a writing sample and let me know your topics of
interest.

I am looking forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,

Peggy Garvin | [log in to unmask]
Garvin Information Consulting | www.garvinconsulting.com