From:
Dave Gomberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 1994 22:44:36 EST
On Thu, 24 Mar 1994 12:55:45 EST xxx said:
>Regarding CPU speed only, xxxxxx xxxxx is correct according to the people who
>build computers on campus here.  The 66 Mhz machines are actually running 2
>33 Mhz chips, and the 50 Mhz machines are running a single 50 Mhz chip.
>Software developers could take advantage of the double chips, but most don't,
>so software ends up running at the speed of the single chip--33 or 50 Mhz--
>depending on your machine.  The rest of the stuff that Sonny (hey, who let you
>on our list, you tropical ag person, you--Oops, Hi Sonny...) was describing
>will certainly affect the overall speed of data processing.

Both statements are somewhere between seriously misleading and totally wrong.
If you need computer help, PLEASE try to get it from someone who knows what
they are talking about.  I don't give map advice, please don't y'all go
fouling each other up with erroneous "information".   Dave

Dave Gomberg, role model for those who don't ask much in their fantasy lives.
GOMBERG@UCSFVM           Internet node UCSFVM.UCSF.EDU     fax-> (415)731-7797
For info on West Coast Live send email to [log in to unmask]