From:
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2012 08:07:00 -0500
Subject:        Call for papers
Date:   Thu, 27 Sep 2012 20:43:31 +0000
From:   Robar, Terri J. <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

Hello to all of you!

My name is Terri Robar and I’m writing to you today as the section
editor for /Cartographic Collections/, which is a regular feature in
/Cartographic Perspectives/, the journal of the North American
Cartographic Information Society (NACIS).

I’m looking for people who might be interested in submitting an article
for publication.  We’re looking to showcase any kind of map collection
that has something interesting going on. It could be a new service that
you’ve been offering or a project that you’ve been working on. It could
even be on just a really cool map that you’ve acquired. Or perhaps you
know of another collection in your area that’s been trying something
new; please feel free to forward this message to anyone who might be
interested.

If you are interested, the general guidelines call for 1,000 to 2,000
words and may include up to 10 photographs. The articles usually include
a brief history of the collection being highlighted. I’m looking for
articles to be published over the next several months so you don’t have
to sit down and write it this second.

I’d be happy to discuss this further. Please feel free to contact me by
any of the means listed below.

Thanks,

Terri

*Terri <http://www.library.miami.edu/about/faculty/sbritton.html> J. Robar*

*Social Sciences Librarian*

/Otto G. Richter Library <http://www.library.miami.edu/>/

/1300 Memorial Drive, Rm. 347I/

/Coral Gables, FL  33124-0320/

/E: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>/

/T: (305) 284-6028/

/F: (305) 284-9848/

//

/Support us by joining the Friends of the Libraries
<http://www.library.miami.edu/about/friends/friends_library.html>!/

http://www6.miami.edu/president/u_logo.gif