From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 12:48:09 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 11:58:27 -0500
From: David Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Additions To MAGERT Web site

     A couple of items that have been recently been added to the MAGERT web site
may be of widespread interest to map librarians.

     The first is "Digital base line," the electronic version of the MAGERT
newsletter.  The most recent four issues have been loaded, and we plan to
produce more issues of this electronic publication as base line appears.  Only
selected portions of the newsletter (those deemed to have lasting interest) are
being digitized. Digital base line should be particularly useful as a source of
information about recent developments in the cataloging of cartographic
materials, and as a source of reviews of new books and maps.  The reviews have
been enhanced by the addition of "hot links" to sources where the materials may
be acquired.

     The other addition to the MAGERT site is our "Metadata Primer for Map
Librarians."  This publication is designed as a guide for map librarians who are
just starting to work with metadata.  It includes many links to sources where
detailed information about specific metadata formats can be found.

     The MAGERT Web page can be found at
<http://www.sunysb.edu/libmap/magert1.htm>.  Click on "MAGERT Electronic
Publications" to get to the pages discussed here.

--- End Forwarded Message ---