From:
Kathleen Weessies <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 1996 16:38:18 EDT
My thoughts exactly, especially considering the neighborhood.
I'm not willing to take such an extreme pay cut and live in a more expensive
area, even though I'd be moving "up" to the Big 10.

In some circumstances, departments at  my institution can offer a salary
higher than the established faculty pay scale if they can defend to
administration that it is necessary.  It would seem necessary in this
situation given the reasons already stated.

You wrote:

>The salary offered for the Northwestern position seems a tad modest,
>considering the responsibilities of the job and the qualifications and
>experience demanded, don't you think?

Kathleen W. Weessies
Technology Librarian
Central Missouri State University