From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terri Milton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 10:34:39 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 08:32:45 -0300
From: Terri Milton <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Aspiring map librarian
Sender: Terri Milton <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Anthony,

I have also looked at the UMaryland College Park as it combines the MA/MLIS degrees, but there is an equally fascinating program at University of Denver. UDenver offers an MLIS with a Certificate in Advanced Study in Geographic Resources, "designed for library and information professionals working in fields that use geospatial data and geographic information." [from the website].

UDenver is private, so if you have scads of money (this program seems totally unreachable for me as a Canuck) check out their LIS website at
http://www.du.edu/LIS/program/handbook/index.htm

Cheers,
Terri Milton,
Library technician