From:
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 15:44:43 -0400
Subject:        Re: scale statement in cataloging maps]
Date:   Sun, 08 Aug 2004 19:54:10 -0400
From:   Paige Andrew <[log in to unmask]>

May I toss in one more thing here? I've followed all of the responses
and they have been accurate. However, one item has been "glossed over",
and that is the Options that one can follow when you have two or more
main maps, beyond the simple phrase Scales differ. I would assume that
in most cases all of us would choose to give the phrase itself under
this circumstance and move on with other things, but there are times
when it would be preferable, for the sake of our patrons, to identify
the separate but different scales involved. That is where the
Optionally: part of AACR2R rule 3.3B4 even though LC will continue to
only provide the phrase. I think this is important enough to share with
everyone...

Paige