From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 2010 12:43:03 -0500
Subject:        NEMO 24th Annual Meeting AND Workshop, June 3-4, 2010 at the
Osher Map Library and Smith Center for Cartographic Education, Portland
Maine
Date:   Thu, 29 Apr 2010 10:51:29 -0400
From:   David J. Bertuca <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

hi all;

Please take a moment to visit our website for information, registration
form, etc. for the 24th Annual Meeting of the Northeast Map Organization
(NEMO), to be held at the Osher Map Library and Smith Center for
Cartographic Education, in Portland Maine. This year the theme is Old Maps
and New Technologies and the Osher Library is the perfect place to see and
to learn about the meeting's topics.

There is also a workshop being offered this year, along with our usual
quality presentations, dinner, tours, and friendship. The workshop is:

Map Digitization for Small Institutions June 3, 2010
8:30 a.m. Registration for Workshop
9:00-10:15 a.m. Introduction to Map Digitization. Osher Library Staff
10:30-11:45 a.m. Digitization services. Frances Pollitt, Maine Memory
Project
11:45 a.m.-noon NEMO Digitization Grant Program. Thelma Thompson, NEMO
Captain-elect
Noon-1:00 p.m. Box lunch for pre-registrants and small group discussion of
grant program.

The URL for the meeting is:
<http://libweb.lib.buffalo.edu/nemo/meetings/nemo2010.html>

Hope to see you there!