From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barend Kobben <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 13:09:06 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 15:35:13 +0200
From: Barend Kobben <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Web Cartography Forum
Sender: Barend Kobben <[log in to unmask]>

----
A Web Cartography Forum:
an evaluation site for visualization tools

At the Cartography department of the Geoinformatics division of ITC, a
web-site has been created where you can try out and evaluate interactive
cartographic visualisation tools on the Web.

This is an experimental site, where you can work with animated maps of the
type that could be used to perform visual exploration of spatial data in a
GIS environment. Through a questionnaire we hope to get an evaluation of the
visual tools offered here and of course for general feedback on the site
itself. If you fill in the questionnaire (and your email adress), you take
part in the Prize Draw:
November 1st one of the participants will be drawn and will be eligible to a
free copy of the forthcoming book WEBCARTOGRAPHY. This book will be authored
by the Cartography Division at ITC and published by Taylor & Francis
(scheduled to appear somewhere next year).
We would also welcome co-operation on extending the site with additional
examples of interactive map use, and maybe your data could be used for
that...

Visit our site, try out interactive animations and answer our questionnaire!

http://www.itc.nl/~carto/webcartoforum/

+++++
Barend Köbben <[log in to unmask]>
Lecturer Cartographic Visualization
ITC, Cartography dept.
PO Box 6, 7500 AA Enschede, The Netherlands
tel: +31-53 4874 253; fax:  +31-53 4874 335
--- End Forwarded Message ---