Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 11:47:51 -0500
Subject:        another mashup: ArcGIS/IMF and Library catalogue
Date:   Wed, 28 Mar 2007 09:27:47 -0700
From:   Aimee <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Hello all,

McMaster University's Google mashup is great! I am so happy to find a
colleague who is doing similar work with aerial photograph access.

If you are interested in similar applications, you might be interested
in what the Yukon Energy, Mines and Resources Library has created. The
Yukon EMR Library has created a mashup of ArcGIS (for aerial photograph
data) and the Library's online catalogue.  Clients can use the ArcIMF
interface (at: http://www.emr.gov.yk.ca/library/skyline_jump.html ) to
search for aerial photographs within Yukon Territory (approximately
100,000 photos, from 1946 to present).

Once clients have determined relevant photo points, they can "identify"
the point, then click on the "Reference Link" that appears (once they
"identify" the points) to initiate a search of the Yukon EMR Library's
catalogue to determine which library/office within the Yukon Government
has the required photographs.  Like the McMaster mashup, this mashup is
saving our clients hours of time.  And, as clients can search from
anywhere, our remote clients, rural Yukon and other (Alberta, British
Columbia, etc), no longer need to visit the Library to use the paper
indices.

For more information about this, see the Internet Librarian
International 2006 presentations page, and download the smaller of the
two powerpoint presentations from session C107 "A Map is worth a
thousand words" at:
http://www.internet-librarian.com/presentations.shtml#Monday_TrackC
<http://www.internet-librarian.com/presentations.shtml#Monday_TrackC>  I
recommend viewing the smaller of the two files.

If you would like further information, please feel free to contact me
via this e-mail or via my work e-mail.

Sincerely,

Aimee Ellis
Manager, Departmental Library
Yukon Energy, Mines and Resources Library
http://www.emr.gov.yk.ca/library/

Work e-mail: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Home e-mail: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>