From:
Jan Smits <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 2017 07:43:33 +0000
The medium on which the maps are printed is probably "stone paper", see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_paper. I received some 6 maps at the of 2016, printed on this material. Because it felt so strangely felt-like it made me very curious. According to the publishing firm it does not contain paper, i.e. cellulose or wood-pulp etc., but is made of a mixture of 80% calcium carbonate and 20% tree-resin, and is rip and waterproof. (https://www.kaartenenatlassen.nl/vouwkaarten/topografische-kaarten/topografische-kaart-zuid-limburg-geuldal In the Dutch text it is mentioned that the map is printed on environmental-friendly stone paper)

According to its nature it is 'natural' and falls outside all categories known up till now. So a new code may be necessary.

Jan Smits
Koninklijke Bibliotheek, National Library of The Netherlands