From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 2005 12:54:20 -0500
MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L

Subject: Moving Map Cases
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005
From: Fatemah Van Buren <[log in to unmask]>
To: "Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum"

At UCB we moved the map collection 2 times.
The cases were moved in 5-drawer units, the drawers were  numbered and
wrapped with plastic wrapping.
4-6 movers had to transfer them from the library to the truck and back to
the new library.
Most of our cases are 4 section high. Putting the 2 lower cases in place
were not difficult but for placing the 2 upper cases, we had to remove all
the drawers, place the case, put the drawer back into the case.
Since each unit, each case and each drawer was numbered, the placement of
the cases and drawers were easy for the movers.

Fatemah Van Buren
Head, Earth Sciences and Map Library
University of California, Berkeley
http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/EART