From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 13:42:22 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 12:10:04 -0400 (EDT)
From: Ken Grabach <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: stuck map drawers (fwd)

I can offer some guesses, but guesses only.

It could be that the stuck drawers are stuck because they were inserted
without engaging the roller mechanisms (I have no idea what the assembly
with its rollers and bearings is called, but that's the gizmo I mean).
If that is so, then it shouldn't be difficult to re-attahc the drawers.
A nuisance, but not anything involving the need to seek compensation.

Another guess, is that the cases were bent or otherwise damaged, so that
some drawers are unable to work.  If that is the case, then I would think
the movers bear some responsibility.

Or relatedly, the cases could have been placed so that they are not
situated properly on the bases.  This could cause the walls of the cabinet
to impede the drawers.  This is less serious than the dented scenario, but
would require emptying the cabinets so that the empty cases can be
positioned repositioned properly.

Ken Grabach                           <[log in to unmask]>
Maps Librarian                         Phone: 513-529-1726
Miami University Libraries
Oxford, Ohio  45056  USA