Date:
Thu, 20 May 1993 09:28:40 EDT
Yes, indeed, Joe Wiedel, my colleague in the Geography Department here at
the UMCP, is one of the world's leaders in tactile mapping. Joe has designed
maps for this campus and many other places.

I must say, though, that Joe just retired from his fulltime teaching
position here - we had a retirement party for him this past Tuesday May
18th. I am sure Joe will be continuing some of his work. You can reach him,
at least for a while, through his office phone number 301-405-4067. Joe does
not correspond via e-mail. Anyone who knows Joe personally, feel free to
send any retirement related messages to him by regular mail. His campus
address is the same as mine, given below.

Derek Thompson
Professor, Department of Geography
University of Maryland at College Park
College Park, MD 20742