From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 2011 08:07:06 -0500
Subject:        photos of Christchurch earthquake
Date:   Tue, 22 Mar 2011 22:03:12 -0400
From:   Russell Guy <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Thought people might like this link of before/after the Christchurch
earthquake. The link may have already shown up here - if so I apologize
for the duplication.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/infographics/christchurch-quake/beforeafter.htm

To personalize it a bit, in the before photo for Manchester and
Gloucester Streets, the dark-brown building on the upper left-hand
corner of the N-S and E-W streets is the location of Map World, the
largest map store in New Zealand and one of my customers. To the right
of Map World is a car park - the red car in the upper right corner of
the car park belongs to Madeleine, the Map World manager. In the after
photo you'll notice her car is gone. She managed to get it out right
after the quake. Those that didn't get their cars out of downtown
Christchurch are still without cars as the Red Zone (no-go zone) is
still off-limits to the removal of cars. Thus "I want to get home to
check on people there" meant she now has her car.

Madeleine was inside the MapWorld when the earthquake occurred. Everyone
in the store got out without injuries.

Here is a link to a photo of the front of MapWorld after the quake, as
well as a photo of Christchurch taken from the hills outside of town,
taken during the quake. -
https://picasaweb.google.com/russguy123/ChristchurchEarthquake#

The link and the two photos were passed to me by Madeleine Rayner. Not
sure who shot the photo of Christchurch.

Cheers
Russell

Russell Guy [log in to unmask]
Omnimap.com http://www.omnimap.com
<http://www.omnimap.com/>P.O. Box 2096 Tel.: 800-742-2677 (USA only)
1004 South Mebane St. Tel.: 336-227-8300 (International)
Burlington, NC 27216-2096 USA Fax: 336-227-3748