From:
Date:
Tue, 21 Jun 2011 15:14:56 -0500
Subject:        ALA Program opportunity
Date:   Tue, 21 Jun 2011 16:08:43 -0400
From:   Marcy Bidney <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

ALA’s Map and Geography Round Table is proud to co-sponsor with RUSA the
program “Maps for History: Using Maps to Make Your History Collections
More Visual”

Come and join our panel presentations and discussion as we explore new
tools and uses for maps. You will learn about new avenues for using maps
to enhance access and visibility of your collections, see demonstrations
of active programs from NYPL and learn about places to find maps to
enhance your collections and reference services. The topics involve
historical research, with a focus on local history applications. So if
you are a history buff, a history librarian or just want to see cool
stuff and maps this program is for you!

Speakers:

Susan Malbin, Director, American Jewish Historical Society

Marcy Bidney, Geospatial Information Librarian, The Pennsylvania State
University

Matt Knutzen, Geospatial Librarian, New York Public Library

Kathleen Weessies, Map Librarian, Michigan State University

Saturday June 25, 2011

1:30-3:30pm

Morial Convention Center, New Orleans, LA, Room 349

--
Marcy Bidney