From:
Helen Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 1995 16:30:30 EST
I have received many messages that people had tried unsuccessfully to reach
me by EMAIL when I was on medical leave. Please forgave me for using MAPS-L
for only a slightly map related message.  It is the most efficient method
I could think of for notifying people that since January 1, 1995 a number
of messages sent to me over INTERNET were never received.  So if you still
wish to contact me, please resend the message and I promise to reply
expeditiously.  There was no problem with the MAPS-L messages as fortunately
the University of FLorida also receives the archival/read only service of
MAPS-L.

Thanks to those who phoned to alert me to the problem.

Also thank you to all those who expressed concern when they heard about my
leg injuries.  I will be answering all these messages separately after the
"emergencies" at work are handled.  As of monday February 11th, I am back at
work full time, mending fairly quickly and will soon be back to normal (watch
out World!!)
HelenJane Armstrong, Map & Imagery Library, University of Florida