From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 15:58:49 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 01:18:02 GMT
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re:Historic Urban Plans <fwd>
Sender: [log in to unmask]

Hi Tim,
    Sounds like a bad idea to me.  From a catalog workload standpoint it's very appealing, of course, but you'd probably be better off sending them to another library rather than trying to get by with just a set record. Patrons (and non-map staff) would not be able to find the maps in the catalog.  Experienced map staff might be able to intervene and dredge up the needed map, but without proper access the sheets would deadwood using up valuable drawer space.  There must be copy in OCLC and RLIN for all of them.
    Phil