From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2009 15:13:15 -0600
Subject:        MAGERT Education Committee Meeting Invitation (ALA MidWinter)
Date:   Fri, 16 Jan 2009 16:00:20 -0500
From:   Carol McAuliffe <[log in to unmask]>
To:     <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>

Hi everyone!

The Education Committee for the Map & Geography Round Table at ALA will
be meeting on,

*Saturday 10:30-12:00* in the *Colorado** Convention Center**, Korbel
Ballroom 4B.*

Anyone who would like to attend this meeting is invited and I also want
to thank everyone who provided comments while we worked on the Core
Competency document this past year.
(http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/rts/magert/publicationsab/publicationsa.cfm)
We are proud of the final document though we are still looking for ways
to improve and expand its reach and usefulness.  If you would like to
discuss this more, please come and join us or email me at
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

*Education Committee Meeting Agenda*

* *

-          Update on Core Competencies

-

-          Marketing and Distribution of Core Competencies

-          Next Step:  Creating a Dynamic Document

-          Role of Education Committee in program planning

The entire MAGERT schedule at ALA Mid-Winter can be found here.
http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/rts/magert/oversightgroups/2009Midwinter.cfm

Hope to see you there!

~Carol McAuliffe

Chair of Education Committee

*Carol McAuliffe**,* Map Librarian
Map and Imagery Library, Spatial Information Services Unit
Government Documents Department
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
(352) 273-2828
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>_