From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 15:54:37 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 14:40:03 -0600
From: Digital1 <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Cartographer Position
Sender: Digital1 <[log in to unmask]>

Our company is experiencing an exponential growth in demand for our
cartographic services which has created an immediate need for a high
quality individual to join our cartography staff. Before we begin a
general search for this individual, we thought it would be of great
value to seek potential candidates from the higher education
institutions possessing a strong geography department or housing a
cartographic laboratory.

NovoPrint USA, Inc. was incorporated and registered in Wisconsin on
October 1, 1994 to produce and distribute high quality maps and
community publications for Chambers of Commerce, Convention and Visitors
Bureaus, individual businesses and retail business. The company,
headquartered in Milwaukee, currently transacts business in the Midwest,
South and Southeast with plans for expansion to other areas of the
United States.

The individual we seek would need to meet the requirements on the
enclosed job description as well as exhibit a high degree integrity.
This person would report directly to our Manager of Production &
Cartography.

We would greatly appreciate any assistance you would be able to provide
in helping us achieve this placement. If you have any questions or
comments regarding this matter, please feel free to contact Glen
Pawelski mailto:[log in to unmask], Manager of Production & Cartography,
or
myself at (414) 276-6622 at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,

John Limbach mailto:[log in to unmask]
General Manager

-----

POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT:

Cartographer

Basic Function:
                To perform all tasks and duties necessary to produce
high quality digital maps for use in the products and services of
NovoPrint.

Responsibilities and Essential Tasks:
        1.      Source, requisition and acquire materials for subject
map areas.
        2.      Produce digital maps for subject areas to company
standards and specific requests of the client.
        3.      Work closely with Manager of Production & Cartography to
produce client proofs.
        4.      Produce project layouts and estimates when needed.
        5.      Assist in non-cartographic production and design when
needed.
        6.      Perform other related duties as assigned.

Skills:
                Oral/written communication
                Map research
                Map analysis/editing
                Problem solving
                Time Management
                Mathematical Aptitude

Education/ Training:
                BA/BS Geography or Cartography

Experience:
                2+ years:
                MacOS
                Adobe Illustrator
                Adobe Photoshop
                QuarkXpress (or InDesign)
        Prior Macintosh-based cartography production essential
        GIS and other cartography related disciplines beneficial

Familiarity with:
                Cartographic design and layout
                4-color printing
                Source data acquisition
                Scanning
                Utility software (font management, virus protection,
etc. )
                Internet/Web

Position Reports To:
                Manager of Cartographic Services