From:
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 16:34:18 -0500
Subject:        Aerial Photography - Scotland
Date:   Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:46:57 -0600
From:   Jaime Martindale <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Hello;
A graduate student here at the University of Wisconsin is seeking aerial
photography for Scotland.  We are curious if any map libraries might
hold this photography, and if so, that we might be able to borrow it.
Please see the photo information below (provided by the student).
(Note: these are available for purchase directly from the National
Monuments Record of Scotland, but are expensive).

"I would like to view aerial photos for the Knoydart Peninsula By
Mallaig, Scotland (N57.004825, W -5.826158).
Here is a list of some AP flight descriptions that I would be interested
to find housed in the US. This photography is very expensive, especially
given the exchange rate. Modern photography is about $45 per 0.5 sq km."

Data archived by the National Monuments Record of Scotland, Royal
Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland, Edinburgh:
1. All Scotland Survey 1988
2. Ordnance Survey Small Scale (pre1980)
3. Ordnance Survey Medium Scale (pre1980)
4. Ordnance Survey Flights 2000
5. Royal Air Force Small, medium or large scale.
6. For NW Scotland Knoydart Peninsula by Mallaig (N57.004825, w -5.826158)

Any advice or guidance in our quest for this photography is appreciated.

Thank you,
Jaime

Jaime Martindale
Map and GIS Librarian