From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 20 Mar 2009 08:15:47 -0500
Right now there are no maps or atlases featured, but I see John Hebert
is one of the featured curators, so we can keep our eyes on this
wonderful online coverage of the Library of Congress treasures - and
hope to see maps soon.

Angie

**

History Channel and the Library of Congress have launched a program of short films highlighting the Library's collections.  The first batch has been mounted and can be viewed on the History.com web site.  The first ten include the Gutenberg Bible, the contents of Lincoln's pockets from the night of his assassination, Lincoln's Inaugural Bible, the book of accounts taken from the 1814 Capitol fire, the Wallpaper edition of the Vicksburg paper, a special copy of Kipling's Kim, and the first Spider Man cartoon.  They are listed on the Home page for Hidden treasures:

http://www.history.com/content/hiddentreasures

Mark

Mark Dimunation
Chief, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
The Library of Congress
101 Independence Ave, S.E.
Washington, D.C. 20540-4740

202-707-2025 phone