From:
Date:
Tue, 30 Aug 1994 10:51:30 EDT
Date: Tue, 30 AUG 94 15:49:53 GMT
From: [log in to unmask]
To: MAPS-L <@castle.edinburgh.ac.uk:[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Times World Map Demo

Dear All

After a few technical hitches, I am relieved to be able to
say that at least one person has managed to download the
demo for the above. So, if you want to look at the demo try:

ftp://ftp.csn.org/COSG/bartdata.exe

bartdata.exe is a self-extracting compressed file containing
the original six files on the demo diskette. There is a
slight complication in that apparently when you execute
setup.exe to actually install the demo, the data has to be
on a 1.44mb diskette (according to Steve Smith of the
University of Waterloo). I guess the developer was not
expecting the files to already be on your hard disk. Thus
the procedure would seem to be:

download bartdata.exe.
uncompress this to a floppy.
run setup.exe

Good luck

Tim Rideout
Bartholomew

P.s. don't forget I would like to know your comments (good or
bad). So far 1 good, 1 bad (about the demo since neither
had the full product).