From:
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 13:52:11 EST
3 messages.---------------------Johnnie

>From: Bill Stevenson <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: Contour map of Edinborough
>Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 08:01:04 +0100

Dear Susan
I believe you mean Edinburgh, Scotland.
I would suggest you approached the Geography Department of Edinburgh
University http://www.geo.ed.ac.uk/home which has a good network with
the cartographic fraternity in Edinburgh.
Sincerely
Bill Stevenson

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998 15:48:53 EST Susan Tomlinson <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> I have a patron intrested in obtaining a contour map of the city of
> Edinborough Scotland. Does anyone have a suggestion for where I might find
> one? Thanks.
>
> Susan Tomlinson
> Department of Geosciences Map Library
> Texas Tech University
> Lubbock, Texas 79409-1053

Susan,

Try looking at the Ordnance Survey home page...
        http://www.ordsvy.gov.uk/products/index.html
...and for 1:10,000 data, search under Landplan.

Price per sheet is 55 pounds (using national grid sheetlines) - the full
urban area of Edinburgh occupies 9 such sheets, while a site-centred plot
will cost 75 pounds.

Nick Millea

Nick Millea
Map Curator, Bodleian Library, Broad Street, Oxford, OX1 3BG, UK
tel       : +44 1865 277013
fax      : +44 1865 277139
email : [log in to unmask]

homepage: http://www.bodley.ox.ac.uk/guides/maps/

>Date: Fri, 27 Feb 98 14:06:43
>From: "Herbert, Francis" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Contour map of 'Edinborough'

     Susan Tomlinson
     Dept of Geosciences Map Library
     Texas Tech Univ.
     Lubbock TX 79409-1053

     I think you should ascertain that your patron knows which place is
     required before pursuing her/his request for cartography:  there is
     no such city as "Edinborough" - but there is the capital of Scotland,
     EDINBURGH!  It will help Russell Guy [et al.] if boundaries were
     stipulated (i.e. New Town, Old Town, present City administrative
     boundary), as these - with scale options - will determine number of
     sheets required.  Information on purpose of request will also help
     advice from yourself or Russ prior to placing order.

     Sincerely
     Francis Herbert (Curator of Maps, RGS, London)