From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 14:32:41 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 16:42:28 -0800 (PST)
From: Lily Wai <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: DOQQs of California <fwd>
Sender: Lily Wai <[log in to unmask]>

Hi, All:

I thought I would share my experience in obtaining DOQQs of our state for
our library collection/website.  By participating in the statewide GIS
users group activities, we are able to convince the state agencies who
have purchased, or received these DOQQs to share them with us.  Right now,
we have about over 2000 DOQQ quads on our site for public access and
download.  We received 173 DOQQ CD-ROMs FREE from the Idaho Dept. of Lands
after I befriended with the GIS manager at a meeting.  We are also in
cooperation with Idaho Dept. of Water Resources, and NRCS to get more
DOQQs for our state.  The plan is that we will have the coverage for the
entire state in MrSid format and with their assistance all reprojected to
the Idaho Transverse Mercator (IDTM) projection which is preferred by the
state agencies.  Hopefully, any updates they have will also be shared with
us.  So far, I only have to pay for the copying of the CDs at cost which
is very minimum.

Lily Wai, INSIDE Idaho Project Director   Phone: 208-885-6344
Professor, Head of Government Documents   Fax:   208-885-6817
University of Idaho Library (0135)        E-Mail:[log in to unmask]
Rayburn Street                            http://www.lib.uidaho.edu/govdoc
Moscow, Idaho 83844-2353                  http://inside.uidaho.edu

--- End Forwarded Message ---